- Instructor: Lagos City Polytechnic
- Lectures: 8
- Duration: 10 weeks
PROGRAMME: Higher National Diploma in Business Administration and Management
COURSE TITLE: Production Management 1
COURSE CODE: BAM 315
CREDIT HOURS: 3 HOURS A WEEK
LECTURER: OBADIPE A.J.
PROGRAMME GOAL: This course is intended to expose students to the role and application of management science techniques to production for the attainment of optimum allocation and utilization of resources.
At the end of this course, the students should be able to:
• Know the concepts, meaning and nature of production management
• Know the objectives and problems of inventory management
• Understand the importance of work study and work measurements in production control
• Understand the applications of work analysis in production management
• Understand the role of purchasing in production
• Know the meaning and methods of production planning and application.
• Understand the application of transportation and assignment models
• Understand the need for, and methods of quality control in production management
Production Management 1