- Instructor: Lagos City Polytechnic
- Lectures: 17
- Duration: 10 weeks
PROGRAMME: HND BUSINESS ADMIN AND MANAGEMENT
Course: NIGERIAN LABOUR LAW Code: BAM 427 Credit Hours: 3 hours
Semester: 4 Pre-requisite: Theoretical:
2 hours/week – 67 %
1 hours/week – 33 %
Course main Aim/Goal
To enable the student understand ways in which management of labour within industry is regulated by law.
1. Understand the scope of Industrial Law and the contract of employment
2. Know the method of termination of contract of employment and the consequences.
3. Know the legal position of parties of employment contract
4. Understand the implied duties of employers and employees
5. Understand the scope of the law relating to safety, health and welfare of workers under the common law.
6. Know the legislation protecting safety, health and welfare of workers.
7. Understand the legal framework of industrial relations.
8. Understand industrial injury and disablement.
9. Know fatal accident and right of dependents of a deceased worker.
NIGERIAN LABOUR LAW